2.20.2005

3:55 AM

great quotes


"You tell them that our lives can change with every breath we take... and to hold on like hell to what they've got: each other, and a mother who would die for them and almost did... You tell them we've all got bad in us, but we've got goodness too. And the only thing worth living for is the good. And that's why we've got to make sure we pass it on."

"Why does anyone lie? Because they're scared or crazy or just mean. There's a million reasons for lying. Sometimes you tell a lie so big it changes your life."

-where the heart is-


Donnie: You are such a fuckass.
Elizabeth: Did you just call me a fuckass? You can go suck a fuck.
Donnie: Oh, please, tell me Elizabeth, how exactly does one suck a fuck?

Donnie: Well I-I, sorry I...
Gretchen: Donnie wait...
Donnie: I like you a lot...
Gretchen: I just want it to be... at a time when... it...
Donnie: When what?
Gretchen: When it reminds me just...
Donnie: When it reminds you of how beautiful the world can be?
Gretchen: Yeah... and right now there's some fat guy over there staring at us.

Donnie: What will happen if you tell mom about this?
Samantha Darko: You'll put Ariel in the garbage disposal.
Donnie: Goddamn right I will.

"
Do you want your sister to lose weight? Tell her to get off the couch, stop eating twinkies and maybe go out for field hockey. You know what? No one ever knows what they want to be when they grow up. You know it takes a little, little while to find that out, right, Jim? And you... yeah, you. Sick of some jerk shoving your head down the toilet? Well, you know what? Maybe... you should lift some weights, or uh, take a karate lesson and the next time he's tries to do it, you kick him in the balls."

-donnie darko-


Young Masbath: A strange sort of witch, with a kind and loving heart. How can you so?
Ichabod Crane: I have good reason.
Young Masbath: Then you are bewitched by reason.
Ichabod Crane: I am beaten down by it!

Katrina Anne Van Tassel: I have shed my tears for Brom... and yet my heart is not broken. Do you think me wicked?
Ichabod Crane: No... but perhaps there is a little bit of witch in you, Katrina.
Katrina Anne Van Tassel: Why do you say that?
Ichabod Crane: Because you have bewitched me.

-sleepy hollow-


Connor: Now you will receive us.
Murphy: We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.
Connor: We do not want your tired and sick.
Murphy: It is your corrupt we claim.
Connor: It is your evil that will be sought by us.
Murphy: With every breath, we shall hunt them down.
Connor: Each day we will spill their blood, 'til it rains down from the skies.
Murphy: Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.
Connor: These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
Murphy: There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, in to true corruption, into our domain.
Connor: For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day you will reap it.
Murphy: And we will send you to whatever god you wish.

Murphy: We're sorta like 7-11. We're not always doin' business, but we're always open.
Connor: That was nicely put.

Connor, Murphy: And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et filii...
[they cock their guns]
Connor, Murphy: ...et spiritus sancti.
[blam]

Connor: Jesus. He brought a six-shooter.
Murphy: There's nine bodies, genius.
Connor: What the fuck were you going to do, laugh the last three to death, Funny-Man?

[During job training for Rosengurtie Baumgartener, an avid feminist]
Connor: The rule of thumb here is...
Rosengurtie: Rule of thumb? Wait, rule of thumb? In the early 1900s it was legal for men to beat their wives, so long as they used a stick no wider than their thumb.
Connor: Well, can't do much damage with that then can ya? Maybe it should have been a rule of wrist.

[after Smecker gets a phone call in bed with his gay lover]
Paul Smecker: What are you doing?
Hojo: I just wanted to cuddle.
Paul Smecker: Cuddle? What a fag.

Paul Smecker: Why don't you get me a cup of coffee?
Detective Greenly: Who the hell is this...?
Paul Smecker: Cafe latte.
Detective Greenly: What the fuck...?
Paul Smecker: Twist of lemon.
Detective Greenly: Chief, what the fuck is this?
Paul Smecker: Sweet'N Low.

Connor: It's like a scumbag yard sale.
Murphy: We should come down here once a week and clean house.

-boondock saints-


"He knows a hero when he sees one. Too few characters out there, flying around like that, saving old girls like me. And Lord knows, kids like Henry need a hero. Courageous, self-sacrificing people. Setting examples for all of us. Everybody loves a hero. People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later, they'll tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught them how to hold on a second longer. I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams."

Mary Jane Watson: [standing at Peter Parker's door] Had to do what I had to do.
Peter Parker: Mary Jane.
Mary Jane Watson: Peter. I can't survive without you.
Peter Parker: You shouldn't be here.
Mary Jane Watson: I know you think we can't be together, but can't you respect me enough to let me make my own decision? I know there'll be risks but I want to face them with you. It's wrong that we should be only half alive... half of ourselves. I love you. So here I am - standing in your doorway. I have always been standing in your doorway. Isn't it about time somebody saved your life?...Well, say something.
Peter Parker: Thank you, Mary Jane Watson.

Mr. Ditkovich: Rent!
Peter Parker: Hi.
Mr. Ditkovich: Hi? What's hi? Can I spend it?

-spiderman 2-


Sam: You don't like raisins?
Joon: Not really.
Sam: Why?
Joon: They used to be fat and juicy and now they're twisted. They had their lives stolen. Well, they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes. I can't say I am a big supporter of the raisin council.
Sam: Did you see those, those raisins on TV? The ones that sing and dance and stuff?
Joon: They scare me.
Sam: Yeah me too
Joon: It's sick. The commercial people they make them sing and dance so people will eat them.
Sam: It's a shame about raisins.
Joon: Cannibals.
Sam: Yeah. Do you like avocados?
Joon: They're a fruit you know.
Sam: Ruthie, do you got any avocados?

Sam: How sick is she?
Benny: Oh, she's plenty sick.
Sam: Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

Sam: I'm Sam.
Benny: So I hear... I'm Benny.
Sam: With an 'n'?
Benny: Yea two of 'em... this is Joon.
Sam: With an 'n'?
Joon: One... You're out of your tree.
Sam: It's... not my tree

Sam: Joon. I, I love you.
Joon: Me too.
[door opens]
Joon: [getting up] Don't tell Benny.
Sam: Okay.

Joon: [about Sam] He didn't mean to do it.
Benny: [getting worried] Do it? What did he do?
Joon: He cleaned the house.

-benny and joon-

Labels:

contemplated existance at 3:55 AM


Disclaimer